There are many misconceptions out there about what goes on in a couples counseling session. Some people fear that they will be reliving fights over and over or that their partner will simply pick a therapist based on similar gender so that they can gang up on the other. By choosing to work with me, you can feel certain that this experience will not be about choosing sides or judging either partner for any actions that may have initiated counseling. Frequently the couples that come to see me express...
- All we do is ARGUE!
- There is no ROMANCE in our relationship.
- I'm not sure I can TRUST my partner.
- Our PARENTING is not matching up.
- My partner never wants to be INTIMATE.
- I'm SCARED that my partner doesn't love me anymore.
All relationships are going have their ups and downs and can benefit from an outsiders perspective from time to time. Yes there will be times that it might feel uncomfortable and become emotional, however by making the choice to engage in couples counseling you and your partner will be able to grow together and gain a better understanding of each other. In my practice, couples can expect to...
- Feel heard and understood by myself and their partner
- Learn each other's communication styles and how to communicate positively.
- Create mutually agreed upon parenting approaches.
- Begin taking accountability for one's actions by owning your part and not blaming your partner.
- Process past experiences that may causing mistrust, resentment, fears of rejection or abandonment, or sexual related problems.
If you and your partner are ready to make change happen, Contact Kelly Holmes, LCSW to schedule your initial phone consultation so that we can discuss how I can better help and support your needs.